Monday, November 11, 2013

Orchids & Fairy Lights Hat

...aka my lovely new autumn hat.




The pattern is Orchids & Fairy Lights by Tiny Owl Knits, and the wool is Malabrigo Worsted. Super soft and lovely to work with. On a recent trip to London (the night before which I was frantically finishing the hat in order to wear it that week) I visited the beautiful shop Loop in Islington, where I picked up a couple more skeins of this wool in other beautiful colours. I'm reluctantly going to knit them up into Christmas gifts...

My head is currently whirling with projects I want to cast on, becoming more and more confused with the different wools, the different patterns and whether they will match up. Tonight I plan to lay it all out and make a plan. Using Ravelry is a good way to keep it organised, so i guess i'd better line them up in the project queue rather than continuously adding new patterns to the library.

Is anyone else planning on knitting some gifts for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment