Tuesday, December 31, 2013

christmas knitting



The late hours of Christmas eve and early hours of Christmas morning were spent, not relaxing with a mulled wine in front of the open fire and a good book or movie, but instead frantically finishing this hat I had promised myself I would gift to my mother on Christmas Day. 

As it is the same hat I knit for myself a few months back, I thought it would be quicker this time. I was mistaken. The general busyness of the festive period meant I couldn't dedicate as much time as I would have liked to this. Also, no matter how many time you knit this, it is still a fiddly one, with the varying rows, cables and bobbles. 

I love the finished piece - this hat is pretty and looks especially nice in this colour. And my mum was very pleased with it. However, I'm looking forward to my next project, the Ammolite cowl from PomPom magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment