Sunday, December 29, 2013

project life 2014



As Christmas begins to wind down, thoughts turn to the new year and the possibilities it brings. I'm not one for resolutions. I've made them before and can never stick with them - health, projects, photo a day... i can't make them stick.

However (...haha - cue much eye rolling on my part...) I do plan on sticking with one in the coming year.

One of the lovely presents I received this Christmas was a Project Life album and pages from my brother and his girlfriend. I've never been a scrapbooker, but I think that Project Life will be a great way for me to continuously record, through photos and some *light* journaling (aka - a few words on some simple cards) the year. Having looked at a lot of blogs I think that I will be of more minimalist tendency, and I've been pinning some of my favourite styles on a pinterest board.

The majority of Project Life albums are kid-focused. As it's just the husband and I at the moment, I have been inspired by some posts by Caylee as to how Project Life can be about so much more than documenting kids growing up - she's put together a great list of ideas that I know I'll refer to throughout the year for inspiration and highlighted some great kid-free layouts.

So I've ordered myself the Midnight Project Life core kit - I love the neutral backdrop it will provide for my own photos, but I do plan on slotting in some other colours, primarily pale blues and golds.

I'm very excited for this...here's to a creative and well-documented 2014 - Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment